We respect your privacy and undertake to protect your personal data and to only gather, process and use it in accord with the German data protection regulations. This privacy notice explains which data are held on our website and how such data are used and/or disclosed to others. Please read this privacy notice every time you visit our website in order to ensure that you are familiar with the up-to-date notice because this notice can be changed without any announcement. Changes to this privacy notice become valid as soon as the modified privacy notice is put on our website.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the data protection officer
This privacy notice applies to data processing by:
Responsible: Wessing & Partner Lawyers mbB, Rathausufer 16-17, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany Tel. +49 (0)211/168 440, Fax +49 (0)211/168 44-444, E-Mail: email@example.com
The Wessing & Partner data protection officer can be contacted at the address given above, for the attention of Dr. Katharina Schomm, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose and how they are used.
a) When you visit our website:
When you visit our website www.strafrecht.de information is automatically sent to our website server by the browser in use on your device. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. The following information is held in this way without your help and stored until it is automatically erased:
- the IP address of the computer making the enquiry
- the date and time of access
- the name and url of the requested file
- the website that enabled the access (referrer url)
- the browser and possibly the operating system in use on your computer as well as the name of your access provider
- the volume of data transmitted
- a note on whether the request/access was successful
The data described is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to guarantee the establishment of a seamless connection to the website,
- to guarantee the user-friendly operation of our website,
- to analyse security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is article 6 para. 1 section 1(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes given for data gathering listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the stored data to identify you.
b) When you contact us by e-mail
If you have any questions at all, we offer the option of contacting us by e-mail. For this, it is necessary for you to give us a valid e-mail address, so that we know from whom the enquiry came and to enable us to reply to the enquiry. Any further information you provide is given by you voluntarily.
The data processing for the purposes of establishing contact with us is conducted in accordance with article 6 para. 1 section 1(a) GDPR on the basis of your freely given consent.
Any personal data gathered by us in order to make contact by e-mail will be erased after the enquiry has been dealt with.
We furthermore set cookies and use analytics services when you visit our website. You will find further information on this under paragraphs 4 and 5 of this data protection declaration.
3. Sharing your data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties other than for the purposes set out below.
We only disclose your personal data with third parties when:
- you have expressly given us consent to do so, in accordance with article 6 para. 1 section 1(a) GDPR,
- disclosure is necessary in accordance with article 6 para. 1 section 1(f) GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and no reason exists that demonstrates you have an overriding and legitimate interest in preventing the disclosure of your data.
- there is a legal obligation to disclose under article 6 para. 1 section 1(c) GDPR.
- this is lawfully permitted and necessary for the management of the contractual relationship with you in accordance with article 6 para. 1 section 1(b) GDPR.
Information is filed in the cookie that is specific to the device. This does not however mean that we can identify you just using that information.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies in order to enhance the user-friendliness of our site and these remain stored on your device for a specific length of time. Should you visit our site again in order to make use of our services, the site will automatically know that you have already visited us and which inputs and preferences you entered, so that you do not have to re-enter them again.
On the other hand, we also employ cookies for the statistical measurement of the use made of our website and to assess it in order to optimise our offering for you. These cookies enable us to identify that you have already visited our site when you revisit it. These cookies are deleted after a certain pre-determined length of time.
The data processed by the cookies are for the above-mentioned purposes of safe-guarding our legitimate interests and those of the third party, in accordance with article 6 para. 1 section 1(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can however configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a notification always appears before a new cookie is installed. The complete deactivation of cookies can however mean that you may not be able to use all of the functions on our website.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking tools that we use are listed below and tracking is performed on the basis of Art. 6 section. 1 p. 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The reason for utilising these tracking tools is to achieve a needs-based design and ensure continuous optimisation of our website. We also use tracking tools to gather statistics about the use of our website and we analyse these statistics for the purpose of optimising our range of products for you. These interests shall be considered legitimate interests within the meaning of the above-stated regulation. The corresponding purposes of data processing and data categories shall be taken from the respective tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics:
For the purpose of needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our site we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this connection pseudonymous usage profiles are created and cookies (see par. 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website, such as
• the browser type/version,
• the operating system used,
• the referrer URL (the previously visited website),
• the host name of the accessing computer (IP address) and
• the time of the server request
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This information is used to analyse the use of the website, compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and the needs-based design of this website. In some cases this information will also be transferred to third parties where this is required by law or where third parties have been contracted to process this information. Under no circumstances will your IP address be correlated with any other data held by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that correlation is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your web browser software. However, we draw your attention to the fact that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
You can furthermore prevent the data relating to your usage of the website (including your IP address) that is generated by the cookie from being collected and processed by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on which is available at the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular for browsers on mobile end-user devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. This sets a so-called opt-out cookie which prevents your data from being collected when you visit this website in future. The opt-out cookie will only work with this browser and only for our website. It will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser you must set the opt-out cookie once again.
You can find other information regarding data protection in relation to Google Analytics at Google Analytics Help.
b) Google AdWords conversion tracking:
We furthermore use Google conversion tracking to gather statistics about the use of our website and we analyse these statistics for the purpose of optimising our website for you. To do this, Google AdWords sets a cookie (see par. 4) on your computer if you arrive at our website through clicking an ad served by Google.
These cookies expire after 30 days and do not serve the purpose of personal identification. If the website user visits specific pages of the AdWords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer are able to identify that the user has clicked on the advertisement and was redirected to this page.
Every AdWords user receives a different cookie. Therefore cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted to use conversion tracking. AdWords customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a web page that has a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that can be used to personally identify users.
If you do not want to participate in tracking, you can also opt-out of this by disabling the setting of a tracking cookie necessary for this function to work by changing your browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of cookies. You can also deactivate conversion tracking cookies by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com". Google's data protection notice relating to conversion tracking can be found here.
We use the open source software Matomo for the purpose of analysing and statistically evaluating the use of our website. Cookies are used for this purpose (see par. 4). The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is transferred to and consolidated on our server in the form of pseudonymous usage profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and to facilitate the needs-based design of our website. The information is not forwarded to third parties.
Under no circumstances will the IP address be correlated with any other data related to the user. The IP addresses are anonymised so that correlation is not possible (IP masking).
Matomo web analytics is currently recording your visit to this website (https://matomo.org/docs/privacy/). You can decide here whether to allow a unique web analysis cookie to be stored in your browser in order to enable the operator of the website to collect and analyse various statistical data.
If you decide not to allow this, click on the following checkbox in order to set the Matomo deactivation cookie in your browser:
6. Google Maps
www.strafrecht.de uses Google Maps from Google Inc. By using this website you consent to the collection, processing and use of the data automatically gathered by Google Inc., its representatives and third parties.
7. Social media plug-ins
On the basis of article 6 para. 1 section 1(f) GDPR, we use plug-ins for the XING, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+ social networks, in order to publicise our law firm. The underlying promotional purpose is to be considered as a legitimate interest in the context of the GDPR. The responsibility for ensuring that the service operates in conformance with data protection regulations lies with the social network provider. In order to best protect visitors to our website, integration of these plug-ins by us relies on the two-click method. This means that when you visit our site initially absolutely no personal data is disclosed to the company to which the plug-in connects. You can identify the company offering the plug-in by virtue of the markings on the box above its initial letters or the logo. We give you the option to use the button to communicate directly with the plug-in provider. Only when you click on the marked field and activate it does the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the respective website from our online offering.
Plug-ins for the short messaging service from Twitter Inc. (Twitter) are integrated into our websites. You can identify the Twitter plug-ins (tweet buttons) from the Twitter logo on the page. You can find an overview of the twitter buttons here.
When you open a page of our web presence containing such a plug-in, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. In this way, Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click on the tweet button while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our site to your Twitter profile. In this way Twitter can associate the visit to our site with your user account. We draw your attention to the fact that we, as the provider of the site, receive no knowledge of the content of the shared data, nor of its use.
If you do not want Twitter to be able to associate the visit to our sites, please log out of your Twitter account.
You can find out more about this at: Datenschutzerklärung von Twitter.
Our website also uses plug-ins from LinkedIn, LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. When you open a page of our web presence containing such a plug-in, a direct connection is established between your browser and the LinkedIn server. The content of the plug-in is transmitted directly from LinkedIn to your browser and integrated in the site. In this way, LinkedIn receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address.
We also use a social media plug-in from XING, Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany.
8. Your rights
You have the right:
- to request information from us about the personal data about you that we were processing, in accordance with article 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the category of recipient with whom your data has been disclosed or are being disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure and/or restriction of the processing or withdrawal of consent to the processing, the existence of a right to object, the source of the data, so long as this was not collected by us, as well as the existence of any automated decision-making tool including profiling and significant information about the details of the decision-making tool
- in accordance with article 16 GDPR, to request the prompt correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us
- in accordance with article 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of personal data about you stored by us, so long as its processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and providing information for the fulfilment of a legal duty, in the public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- in accordance with article 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your person-al data to the extent that the accuracy of the data about you is contested or the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the data and we no longer need the data, but you re-quire it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or, in accordance with article 21 GDPR, you have filed an objection to its processing
- in accordance with article 20 GDPR, to request that you receive a copy of your personal data, that you have made available to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or its transmission to another responsible person and
- to withdraw your consent from us at any time, in accordance with article 7 para. 3 GDPR. This means that we will, from that point on, no longer be allowed to continue with the data processing that was subject to this consent.
- in accordance with article 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. Generally, for this purpose you can contact the supervisory authority that covers your normal place of residence or workplace, or our law office.
9. Your right to object
Provided that your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with article 6 para. 1 section 1(f) GDPR, you have the right under article 21 GDPR to lodge an appeal against the processing of your personal data, providing the reasons are based on your particular situation or the objection is to direct advertising.
In the latter case, you have a general right to object without giving specific reasons and which we will respect.
If you would like to invoke your right to object, you need simply send an e-mail to email@example.com
10. Data security
During website visits, we use the customary SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology in combination with the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. In general, this involves 256 bit encryption. In the event that your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we revert to 128 bit V3 technology. You can see whether a particular site on our internet presence is transmitted in encrypted form by virtue of the depiction of a locked key or padlock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
Apart from that, we make use of suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measure are constantly being improved in line with technological progress.
11. Validity of and modifications to this privacy notice
This privacy notice declaration is currently valid as of January 2019.